Counselling & Psychology FAQs
What are the main benefits of counselling and therapy?
You’ll begin to feel better and stronger, and usually self-confidence and a sense of well-being increases.
What practical skills will I learn?
- Reduce fear and pain around issues from the past, and any that may emerge in the future
- Develop more emotional resilience to weather life’s ups and downs
- Face life’s uncertainties and challenges with grace and an improved sense of hope and optimism
- Have better relationships with loved ones, whether with your husband or wife, children, friends, co-workers or acquaintances
- Become clearer about what you want from life, work and relationships, and communicate those wants and make decisions that support you
How many sessions will I need?
The amount of sessions that you’ll need all depends on your counsellor and your own individual needs. However, your counsellor will give you an idea of this as your progress through therapy.
What does the Changemakers logo of the butterfly signify?
The butterfly is a symbol of transformation and change. It signifies the potential for us all to achieve change in our lives – that’s what Changemakers is all about. It also speaks of the ability of us all to create something beautiful from our past – no matter how dark or difficult the journey has been.
Do you offer a Medicare rebate?
If you have been referred by your GP you may be eligible to receive a Medicare rebate. Read more about Medicare rebates here.
Am I eligible for a concession?
Concession rates are available for pensioners, low income earners or disability card holders. Read more about Concession Rates here.
Can I claim my treatment on private health insurance?
Possibly, it depends on your private insurance cover. Read more about Private Health Insurance rebates here.
What payment options do you have?
We accept cash, EFTPOS, VISA or Mastercard credit card payment. Read more about our payment options here.
What are your clinic hours?
9am – 9pm Monday to Friday, and 10am – 6pm on Saturdays
Got another question?
If you have any other questions about our psychologists and the conditions we treat, please contact us at our East Doncaster, Melbourne clinic by calling (03) 9848 5504 or by email.