Up to 2 days per week
North to North Eastern, South to South Eastern Areas and North to North west areas
We are looking for self-motivated Psychologists / Clinical Psychologists with well-developed assessment and therapeutic skills, and a heart for working with the elderly within the aged care sector. This position offers up to 2 days per week on a contract basis and requires travel to aged care facilities around North and North Eastern as well as South and South Eastern areas of Melbourne. We offer flexible working hours that can be catered to your preferences including working close to home where able to facilitate, invitation to increase hours over time, and excellent remuneration to the successful applicants.
- Well-developed assessment and therapeutic skills
- Full AHPRA registration
- Current APS membership – Clinical College – Desirable
- Minimum 5 years post qualification clinical experience
- Eligible for a Medicare provider number
- Previous experience working in consultancy/private practice
- Experience working with persons 75+ years – Highly desirable
- Your own Indemnity Insurance
- Your own transport and licence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hold an ABN or be willing to attain one
- Computer proficient and able to send files remotely
- Ability to make decisions and work independently, seeking support and consultation where appropriate
- Ready for immediate start – Desirable
Changemakers Counselling and Psychology is a friendly, well-established private practice located in the heart of Doncaster East. Changemakers provides a range of psychological services to adults, couples and families using a diverse range of evidence based therapeutic approaches.
In recent years, Changemakers has been expanding into the aged care sector, facilitating psychological services to those in aged care facilities. This is an extremely rewarding area that allows for growth in professional development as well as addressing the challenges faced by those in aged care. The practice provides all referrals and admin support.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Invitation to increase hours over time
- Excellent remuneration
- Friendly and supportive admin staff
- Highly qualified and experienced psychologists
- Ongoing professional development and peer supervision
Please note: Unfortunately, we are unable to accept provisional psychologists or work placements. Please only submit your application if you are a fully qualified psychologist.
Find out more
For any further information about counselling melbourne or our psychologists and the conditions we treat, please contact us at our East Doncaster, Melbourne clinic by calling (03) 9848 5504 or by email.