DPsych (Health) GDipPsych GradCertGer BA MAPS
Dr Tanya Osicka is a registered psychologist who has experience working with adults of all ages, adolescents, couples, and groups. She is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS).
Tanya has a special interest in working with older adults. This first developed when she worked in the aged care industry as a direct care worker while completing her psychology studies. In addition to her Doctorate in Health Psychology (Deakin University), she holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Gerontology (Latrobe University).
Tanya has co-authored two peer-reviewed publications, and continues to be involved in research with her honorary research position with the Szalmuk Family Psycho-oncology Unit at Cabrini Health in Malvern.
Areas of interest include:
- Positive ageing
- Cancer and other chronic health conditions
- Palliative care and end of life
- Parenting and relationship issues
- Functional bowel disorders (e.g. IBS, coeliac)
Therapeutic approaches Tanya uses include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Narrative and life review therapies
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)